Members of the Forget-Me-Knot Quilters Guild have been creating works of art for 26 years. The group meets monthly to learn new techniques, get guidance on quilting dilemmas, and just to enjoy each other’s company.
Each year, guild members work together to create a quilt to be raffled off. The raffle supports the guild’s continuing effort to make and deliver quilts to Delta area residents who have suffered a loss as a result of a house fire. All proceeds from the raffle go toward fabric and supplies for the quilts.
Tickets for the raffle quilt will be on sale from guild members this summer and at the Deltana Fair. The winning ticket will be drawn at the Deltana Fair on July 25th.
During the Deltana Fair the Forget-Me-Knot Quilters members sponsor the quilt/needlework exhibit building. This year, due to the Covid-19 pandemic and social distancing guidance, there will be changes to quilt entries. The changes are noted below:
– Quilt entries will be taken in on Tuesday, July 20th, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
– All quilt entries will be for display, not judged.
– A participant ribbon will be given to each entry.
– All quilt entries on display will be available for Peoples Choice nomination. There will be a minimum of three Peoples Choice prizes.
– Entries will be ready for pick up after the close of the Fair on July 25th, at 4:30 pm.
For more information about any of the guild’s activities, meetings, or the 2021 Deltana Fair quilt exhibit you can contact Joyce Bendell, 907-803-3994 or find the Forget-Me-Knot Quilters Guild on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ForgetMeKnotQuiltersAlaska/